Saturday 26 March 2011

Say hello to our new oven!


Well not new so much - in fact far, far from it. St George made it in about 1950 and it came off their production line so soon after they started that its numbered 2342. Its in incredible condition, has two ovens, two warming drawers and even an old fuse box in the bottom. The clock (which is the only thing that doesn't work) looks like the one in my grandad's Morris Minor and is absolutely beautiful.

After my experience with the St George at Whale Beach, I found it on ebay and as it was local, I felt I had to have it. Especially as I found myself thinking about it a few days later. Yesterday afternoon though, as four of us struggled for an hour to get it down the front steps, I wondered whether it was a foolish move, especially as it has nowhere to go yet except sit on a trolley, looking confused in the living room. But it gives me a chance to get it looked at and to find and fit new seals to make it more energy efficient. And when its done, it will fit perfectly... even if we have to have a new kitchen.

One thing's for sure, at over 200kgs its not going anywhere else again!


No comments:

Post a Comment