Tuesday 14 February 2012

Little bathroom

My first thought goes to possibly the yuckiest room in the house, which is the bathroom on the lower floor.  When we first saw the house, I actually really liked the orange, cream and purple tiles which were original.  Unfortunately, when I first showered, the cream started to blister and we soon realised that the cream was in fact white, and painted to sell.  Now it looks like its been sunburnt and peeling!

Also doesn't help that the basin tap fell off in my hand the first time I used it and flooded the adjacent bedroom.  And because its our least favourite room, its also least used and so, with all the heat and wet that we've had this summer, it moulds up daily.  I've painted a rosy picture, so now what to do with it....?

M and I have different opinions.  He wants a total wet shower room.  Unfortunately he also wants other things and when I told him that this was going to have to be an over-bath-shower, he told me that I could do what I liked as he wasn't going to use it.  When I waft blue or green tiles under his nose though, it seems that he does have an opinion after all!

We have a green outlook.  Very green.  Lime green, gum green.  In the summer there are hints of pink and more lime green than normal but its still green.  Bit hard to fight with really and although I'd love to have a patchwork floor from Emery et Cie that I banged on about the other day, I think its best not to fight it.  So currently, I'm thinking pale, pale greeny-grey.

Probably with a milk white floor like the photo above, along with a live-in cleaner!

Pic thanks to Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment