Monday 21 March 2011

Water water everywhere


Many months ago I read about a water bottle on Springwise that can be filled from the tap, but purifies as you go. Now I'm far from perfect on the green front, but I do like to do my bit and being a sucker for anything beautiful, it had my name on it too!

There was something else that urged me to buy. The concept was crowdfunded. This can mean lots of things but in this case, the designers put it into production only after a certain number had been pre ordered. It felt open and honest and as if I were part of it, so I ordered two.

I had absolutely no idea when the bottle would arrive - and actually due to a couple of moves on my part, it was almost a year between order and delivery. But clever marketing kept me posted and I continued to lust with patience.

Finally the bottles arrived and even the packaging didn't disappoint. The filter works in a similar way to a coffee plunger and comes with spare filters. And best of all, I've noticed my water consumption go up because I'm carrying it around so lovingly all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment