Sunday 12 February 2012

Emery et Cie tiles

I love High Road House in Chiswick for lots of reasons. It was close to where I used to work, and also close to where my brother lives so I've had the chance to visit on many occasions. The interior, like many of the others in the group was designed by Ilse Crawford, whom I think is wonderful. And the best bit of all is the tiled floor in the restaurant that is like a patchwork quilt.

I've spent a long time trying to find the creators of the tiles and I've cracked it! They are the work of Emery et Cie, and, amazingly for those of us who live in different climes, you can choose your own colour ways from a brilliant range.

They also have a wild range of tiles called 'Zelliges' which are made from clay only from Fez. They are rough and ready with lots of colour variations and imperfections which make them so beautiful. I'm also lusting after some gorgeous paint which I won't be able to get and some excellent wallpapers.

So, that's the bathrooms and the kitchens sorted then!


This lady loved them so much she's covered her whole house (and her outfit!)





No comments:

Post a Comment