Wednesday 22 February 2012

The Happiness Shop - Designers Guild



Not for me are white 'beachy' style houses.  I want my home to sing and make me happy.  Queen of the happiness stakes for me is Tricia Guild, of Designers Guild whose designs fill my heart with joy and I would spend hours in her beautiful stores in London, bathing in blue or pink or green, usually departing with a cushion or a bowl or some such delicious thing.

She's inspiring me now in designing our new bathroom.  How could you possibly be sad after waking in a sunshine yellow bedroom or showering in sea blue such as this?










Until recently, DG was limited in Australia.  There is now an outlet - still expensive and they don't seem to have the latest colours, but at least it's a start! Meanwhile I'll have to stick with lusting over her books - this one, A Certain Style', can be bought here.

Images - all Designers Guild


No comments:

Post a Comment