Monday 13 June 2011

Shops: Fabric in Portobello




On the hunt for fabric for the cane sofa that I'm reviving, I've visited two of my favourite West London fabric stores. The first is Warris Vianni, where, many moons ago, I bought the cream fabric for a sofa that I loved, which now lives with my friend Jess in Brighton. This shop stocks beautiful textiles, bed spreads, cushions and shawls, many from artisans in India.

The second shop, The Cloth Shop, is stuffed to the gills with all manner of fabric, linen, gauze and cotton. Also war time blankets and the odd bit of camping gear.

And its hard to mention West London fabric without mentioning the infamous Temptation Alley which stocks pretty much anything you could ever want if you were going with 100 feet of a sewing machine. Worth a visit for the experience alone.

Yes they post, anywhere apparently

No comments:

Post a Comment