Thursday 3 March 2011

Home... until next Thursday





For the past 4 months we've been staying in a house with this gorgeous view. Sadly, next Thursday, this phase is coming to an end but gladly will be starting our gradual move to our new full time home. After 6 moves in 3 years, I'm looking forward to passing on the boxes I've so diligently saved each time and never seeing them again!

This house has been a treat. The perfect place for Christmas and for a summer that has been rough in places with plenty of rain. Its up on the Northern Beaches, overlooking Dolphin Bay, which is near to Whale Beach. Unlike other houses closeby, its not glass/steel perfection and is pretty close to its original state with 50's bathrooms in swimming pool blue and diving mermaids etched into the glass. The kitchen too still has its original oven. Its these things about it that we love, coupled with the ever changing vista from the front deck and a wall of rock at the back that turns into a waterfall when it rains.

Its been my sanity during these never ending days of waiting for my visa. I've had great walks and swims, along with space to think and plan. Its helped me to fall back in love with Australia again and made me OK about staying.

Rather bizarrely, once upon a time back in London, I tore out a picture from a magazine of a sideboard I liked and have been carrying it round since then. That picture was part of an a photo shoot featuring Mark Tuckey, a furniture designer, taken in the house. I had no idea about the coincidence until I read this post from Table Tonic. How spooky! Here's the article and the chest.

If you want to know details of the house, mail me and I'll happily share. Its surprisingly affordable in comparison to its neighbours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment