Tuesday 13 October 2009

Bendy like Bikram

I'm a big sports fiend and in London, a regular at the infamous Rikki BB's wonderful aerobics classes. I also love yoga and have tried, not always successfully, to do some every day. On arrival in Tokyo, I found classes and schools in bikram and hatha, but found that instruction in another language, as well as being double the size and less than half as bendy as the rest of the class, is slightly off putting. I finally found a school called Yogajaya which has great classes in English, with guest teachers. The level is high and I have been challenged which I have really enjoyed. It isn't cheap, although there are discounts for bulk purchases, and its slightly annoying to pay a hire fee for a mat (bring your own, Japanese mats are shorter) but I have also supplemented a couple of weekly classes by downloading classes from the Internet site MyYoga, which has a monthly subscription.

Nothing yet beats my Rikki fix so its no wonder people struggle to leave London.

No comments:

Post a Comment