Friday 18 September 2009

More jingle jangle



I'm not sure why I've developed my recent fascination for jewellery. I have loads of course, a lot with sentimental value, some with financial value and also a lot of cheap tat that has allowed me the shopping experience, to be closely followed by the 'what was I thinking' experience when I got home. But I am not known for my jewellery. For my birthday a year or so back, my dear friend Billie took me to have my ears pierced. Rather surprising to discover that they had already been done some years ago and forgotten about.

After 8 months of knowing that the clothes and shoes won't fit, I think my lustful shopping eye has moved elsewhere. And here it landed, at the rather un-Japanese but still beautiful Tribu, who have a store in Tokyo, but also sell online in London. Tribu's stock is described as 'tribal body adornment' which isn't something I normally go for, and many of the pieces I have no idea of their purpose. But the fat black, green and cream designs, fixed with rope and silver or copper are gorgeous and really unusual. They have a hint of modern Maori about them and I loved the slithery snake that, in black, looked it might move.

1 comment:

  1. And to think of deception of our dear father to let me have my ears pierced so I could be just like my Big Sister. And you forgot.
    lets not tell him that xxx

    ReplyDelete