Friday 4 September 2009

Community Bookcase




I picked up this idea from the lovely blog, decor8. I think its such a great idea and I wanted to share it. I love books and I believe that if you have enjoyed reading something, you shouldn't hoard it but pass it on - if you are meant to read something again you will get it back. When I left London, I turned up at my local library with a big box of brilliant, but well loved books. The library was only interested if they were in perfect condition so I ended up giving them away elsewhere.

I wish I had been able to put them to better use in something like this in Hannover - a community bookcase, where people can freely borrow the books, on the understanding that they return them, or supplement with books of their own.

I'm going to try to do something like this next time I find a home

image borrowed from: thorsten becker for decor8


No comments:

Post a Comment