Thursday 4 August 2011

Home: Garden update






Been a bit slack of late, keeping up my postings. For two reasons really. Firstly, because I'm working on a New and Very Exciting Project, of which, I will tell you more very soon. Secondly, because its still winter but 24 DEGREES today! Who can sit indoors on a day like that?!

Certainly not me anyway. Not when I've got this much of a challenge with our new garden. We had a survey done, whilst I was away, to determine the flatness of the bottom and the possibility of putting a studio on stilts down there. To do this, the vegetation, that had not seen human foot for many years, was slashed and we were left with a big pile of brown. And there its remained for 2 months, along with the debris and plant-age and about 2 foot of soil which has slid down the hill during last week's rain.

So today, aided by the lovely Stuart, gardener-extraordinaire, the garden has been half cleared and some light at the end of the tunnel has been spotted. Its a tiny pin prick of light mind, it's a very, very long way to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment