Tuesday 18 January 2011

The Hat


I've never been big on hats. I think this is possibly due to the fact that I attended St Hilda's School for young ladies where we were forced to wear boaters in the summer, and brown felt hats in the summer. They served no purpose as far as I could see - British summers don't require hats and the felt one looked considerably worse for wear due to its spending the majority of its life stuffed in a bag, the second we walked around the corner from school. This has continued into my adulthood and I always associated hats with stuffy occasions that I don't feel comfortable, unless my shoes are off - Ascot, weddings, etc.

In Australia though, things are a little different. I need to wear a hat just to prevent my skin from getting more ravaged than it already is. So I've searched long and hard and I finally found it. It was expensive and so it was very much a considered purchase. In fact I went to visit it at the shop, Bow Wow, in Palm Beach, many times before it came home with me. And here it is. Hand made and lovely, its made by Axel Mano. I'm wearing it as we speak and I may not take it off for the rest of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment