Tuesday 18 January 2011

Super stylist


Change is hard and one of the toughest things to find in a new city is a hairdresser who cuts your hair, just how you like it. Over the past year, I've shopped around, trying uber cool salons in Surry Hills, the Eastern Suburbs as well as the Northern Beaches. I've come to the conclusion that British hairdressers here are (mostly) grumpier and I really wish that the Australian beauty industry as a whole could lay off on the hard product sell which is bit annoying and really, if I want a new product, I'll ask for it.

Finally I've found her... the perfect hairdresser. Her name is Rachel and she's at Muse in Crown Street. Rachel cuts my hair like she's creating a piece of sculpture. She gathered very quickly that I'm basically lazy and have rarely handled a hairdryer and she does this amazing grazing thing which makes my hair sit perfectly, despite all its weird kinks and too much sunshine. I've now been a few times and yet again, I've come out all 'flicky' and feeling ten year's younger. Now to do something about the face!

No comments:

Post a Comment