Tuesday 30 November 2010

Christmas pudding


This year, for the first time ever, I made my own Christmas pudding. Hardly remarkable to most, but when you consider that it was only about 2 years ago that I learned to cook scrambled egg, I'm very proud of my achievement - even though its not perfect, as the picture shows! I had a lot of fun though, chopping and mixing and I felt a bit like Bridget Jones trying to find string that wasn't coloured, to bind the lid before steaming it for 3 hours.

Previously I bought my puddings from either Harvey Nichols, or the wonderful pudding lady at Borough, although she hasn't been there the last few times I've been and I'd love to know what happened to her. Although I'm sure there is somewhere, I haven't found anywhere yet in Sydney that makes puddings that are big enough for my family, who adore pudding.

There are a zillion recipes online, and mine came from here. I'm planning to make brandy butter to go with it too.

I shan't bother with mince pies because they are cheaper to buy in Woolworth's!

No comments:

Post a Comment