Tuesday 21 September 2010

Elizabeth / Rushcutters Bays









Back on my walks trail, I was aiming for Rushcutters Bay, but took a wrong turn and found myself parked outside Elizabeth Bay House. Rather bizarrely, the road runs directly in front of the house, with a pretty park opposite. Having got home though and discovered the house's history, (champagne lifestyle, beer income), I'm going to go back and check it out in more detail - especially the grotto in the garden which looks amazing.

The area is Italian slash Holland Park and lots of nubile young things lounging around on patches of grass in their bikinis - or even topless, a bit risque perhaps for inner city bays.

I eventually made it round to Rushcutters and remembered I had been here before - my brother's wedding week included chartering yachts from the yacht club here. Not much of a walk and as the park is being refurbed, not much to see, but a sunny day, and the smell of sea salt made me yearn to get back to Pittwater. A bit longer me thinks so mussels for dinner will have to suffice.


No comments:

Post a Comment