Tuesday 26 October 2010

Dolphins




Saturday began as one of those perfect days. It was sunny and warm - about 27 degrees. We went north to look at a house for the summer, which was called 'Dolphin View'. The name turned out to be rather apt as out on Pittwater on our boat shortly afterwards, we were joined by a pod of about 8 dolphins. We were just about to pull out of the Heads and there they were, about a metre from the front of the boat swimming alongside us. I frantically scrabbled for my phone to take some pictures but with my excited finger right over the lens, most are unclear. I wished I could have recorded their sound which was amazing. What a treat and hopefully a sign as we're taking the house.

Apparently its very rare to see them in Pittwater - I can find records of sightings about 8 years ago. About an hour later, a big storm came in so perhaps they were seeking shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment