Sunday 8 August 2010

I do like to be beside the seaside




In England still which has been a delicious summer of running around between the homes of my friends and family. Exhausting at times but I wasn't quite ready to go back to Sydney just yet, and with the impending delivery of my sister's baby, I've got a good excuse.

My dear friend G has not had a holiday in so long, mainly because he has been working hard on his fabulous business. We have had a long standing tradition of good weekends away, whenever we can. My trip back this time gave us a good excuse and joined by our lovely friend K, we escaped from London St Pancras on the new fast train to Broadstairs. We stayed at Belvedere Place, a fabulous B&B run by an ex-photographer who has seen sense and moved to the seaside. Her creative talents have not gone to waste - the house is comfortable and stylish and her breakfasts are the best I've ever had. Haddock and samphire with a yummy poached egg and tiny tomatoes pan fried with seaweed. All eaten around a communal table covered in the newspapers, where we could happily have sat all day.

Far too much to do however and we had a fantastic weekend, with early morning dips, brick a brac markets, pearly kings and queens and punch and judy. The weekend was polished off at the Oscar Road cafe, just off the seafront, where we polished off almond cake and tea before taking a short cut back to the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment